Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week Five: I feel like dancing!!!

I love music! It is something that is very important to me, and often, the music I am listening to determines my mood. I am not much of a dancer these days, but being a girl of my word, I did promise a certain Princess that I would go out dancing with her once I reached the 40 pound mark. I really thought I would be off the hook because my goal for the program was 30 pounds. Little did I know that I would find a strength in me that I never thought I was capable of. So when I passed that goal, I knew I would be putting on my dancing shoes sooner than I thought. And this week I surpassed 40 pounds, now I feel like dancing!!

Each week that I complete I still find it hard to believe that I am really doing this. Never in a million years did I think that I would be able to give up food. I love food, I love to cook food, I love to buy food... me and food, we were in love, and we still are, but now I love it from a distance. I know that in 7 weeks food will become a part of my life again, and surprisingly, I am not scared. I think that it's because I have the control back again. It is entirely up to me to keep the weight off and continue losing until I feel healthy.

I have a lot to be thankful for these days, and I feel happier than I have in a long time. I owe a lot of this new outlook to many people. Now is a good time to say thanks, so here goes:

I have been given an opportunity to get my life back, and I will be forever thankful to my doctor for turning me onto the program. Without her planting the seed, I could not have taken the first step towards the brand new me.

Thank you to the resource people that run the program. Your commitment to us and our health makes me want to push through and succeed. Because you all show up, I do too. I won't let you all down, because I won't let me down.

Thank you to the people in the program with me. For the first time in nearly a lifetime, I really think that there are people that get it. We are in this together, and we can do it!!

Thank you to my cheering squad. I have so many friends and family that are so proud of what I have done. I think they all look forward to Tuesday's more than I do. They love getting the text, and it makes me feel even more motivated because they give me strength.

To my daughter, Addison. You gave me another reason to live, and to want to live. All that I do in life is because I love you. You are my strength, my love, my heart, and I will be here to watch you grow up! For all the gifts that you have given me in two short years, this is my gift to you!

To my family for standing by me through this. For believing in me, and for reminding me that I can go on when I just want to quit.

And last but not least, thank you to my wonderful and amazing husband Shawn! Thank you for loving me for the woman I am, thank you for always making me feel beautiful, and thank you for your patience and understanding as I push through this journey. As you always say: We can do anything, because we do it together! Well babe, we are doing this!

I am sure there are many more that I need to thank, and I am sorry if I missed anyone. So until the next post, stay strong, stay alive and stay beautiful. I know I will!!


I am 40.6 pounds closer to a Brand New Me!!

Love, The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment